Human Services Report #2
• In conjunction with Hancock County, coordinated a plan to consolidate the Shelter population in well run shelters with sanitary conditions.
• Shelter population here at Stennis Space Center, originally 2500 persons, is now down to 150. FEMA has relocated to other states, and population will be down to zero by noon tomorrow.
• Initiated coordination with Harrison, Pearl River, and Jackson counties to begin consolidation of shelters in those counties.
• Additional staff to meet Human Services requirements for Florida Area Command
• Cots, blankets, pillows, personal hygiene packets for shelterees
• Prepare to move to a hard facility
• Prepare to receive additional staff
• Working to identify and source resources necessary to improve living conditions in shelters.
Post a Comment