Human Services Report #3
• Conducted direct coordination with Red Cross and Human Services representatives in Hancock, Harrison and Jackson Counties.
• Received and briefed 2 Red Cross liaisons to Florida Area Command.
• Developed a distribution plan for the cots, when they arrive.
• Began development of a distribution plan for the 36 truckloads of USDA commodities en route.
• 2 additional Human Services staff due in today and 11 tomorrow
• Additional staff to meet Human Services requirements for Florida Area Command
• Cots, blankets, pillows, personal hygiene packets for shelterees
• Prepare to move to a hard facility
• Develop plan for utilization of additional staff
• Working to identify and source resources necessary to improve living conditions in shelters.