Human Services Report #5
• POD in Pearlington moved from damaged fire house to Charles T Murphy Elementary School.
• Visited and assessed 4 other coastal towns in western Hancock County. Catastrophic damage in each. MRE’s and supplies ordered through tracker.
• 6 Human Services staff from Ft. Walton Beach arrived this PM.
• Conferred with Red Cross in Gulfport, and discussed the usage of tracker.
• Conferred with Red Cross in Waveland, and discussed the usage of tracker.
• Local Government meeting about moving the POD at Stennis International Airport to possible the Library.
• Salvation Army liaison arrived – Neil Lewis
• ESF 11 received and inventoried 2 loads of USDA commodities.
• We have orders for 10 trailer loads of USDA commodities and only have 3 loads of spaghetti on hand.
• Insect spray, batteries, flashlights.
• No ESF-17 representative
• Continue assistance to small community of Pearlington in Hancock.
• Deploy human resources to Pearlington to establish local government
• Continue assessment of small coastal communities
• Deploy USDA commodities to kitchens as they arrive
• Improve quality of life in the shelters